Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a highly structured 8-week program that supports the development of practical mindfulness and meditation skills in a highly interactive classroom environment. With exercises designed to build awareness, students learn to respond rather than react to the challenges of daily living.
Developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the UMass Medical School’s Center for Mindfulness, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction’s potential for reducing stress, improving health and enhancing wellbeing is well documented through more than 30 years of clinical study and the experience of tens of thousands of students worldwide.
Recent research shows MBSR can:
- Reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system;
- Address painful mental states like depression and anxiety;
- Minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being;
- Increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus;
- Thicken grey matter in the areas of empathy and problem-solving;
- Foster happiness as a delightful by-product.
Experience the potential of mindfulness and enroll in one of our MBSR classes today.